My first choice would be the environmental club Greenthumb that meets once a week. The environment has always been interesting to me and I have recently been opened up to it in the past year.
My second choice would be the Newman center because I was raised catholic but I have never been very involved in the faith and I would like to see what goes on outside of the church.
Garrett,
ReplyDeleteBoth of these are great choices. My question is whether you'd want to be a part of Greenthumb, since you've recently been opened up to the environment? If you think you might, I might encourage you to look at another space, as it becomes very difficult to be analytical about something that we are attached to. If you're looking at environmental sites, the Arboretum is one that's not far from campus. It's a state botanical garden, featuring plant life from all across the state and they depend on the help of volunteers to keep it up.
The Newman Center might be particularly interesting from your perspective, as you might discover something about yourself as you explore the community.